Darcy Burke is a California native and understands not only how government works, but also how to get things done. She will represent our best interests on the Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District’s Board of Directors. Darcy has devoted her career to public health and water quality. Her expertise has been recognized by international water organizations, such as the American Water Works Association, the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the California Department of Public Health Services. As a business owner she understands best business practices and customer service. She has the relationships at the Federal, State and Local levels to get things done effectively while protecting water rights and the rate payer.
Darcy has over 25 years of water, leadership and public health experience including:
- Former Executive Director California Nevada Section, American Water Works Association
- Former Executive Director for The Center for Water Education, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California’s non-profit
- Member of the California Department of Public Health Services Title 22 Technical Advisory Committee
- Former Director of Public Affairs for the Municipal Water District of Orange County
- Founder of the Water College
- Former Executive Director of the New York State Builder’s Association
Entrepreneur and local business owner; Watermark Associates
Education – Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts in International Economics & Marketing
- Master’s in Business Administration with an emphasis in organizational leadership, with a field study in China focusing on utility management.
- George Elliott Award – California Nevada Section, American Water Works Association
- Outstanding Public Affairs Achievement Award – The Value of Water, American Water Works Association
- American Water Works Association
- Temecula Rotary Club